Monday 27 May 2013

SWISS ROLLER COASTER

It is so nice to be back in Switzerland once again. It's a country I really love to visit, and meeting all of my friends from International wheelchair racing makes it so much better. Mind you, the weather has been atrocious, rain and strong winds, which made a bit of a washout of our first race meeting over the weekend. But that is elite sport - you plan and train but you can never plan for the weather!  Everything about Switzerland will be one of the things I will really miss when I retire, though I do want to take up a coaching role so perhaps I can continue coming with my athletes.

The news from home (UK) has been truly shocking and disturbing and my heart goes out to the family, friends and colleagues of the murdered soldier, Lee Rigby. My prayers are with them all. What possesses a man to take another man's life in such a cruel manner ???  And in the name of RELIGION ??? If we have no PEACE it's because we have forgotten that  WE belong together.  LOVE should be our most unifying and empowering common spiritual denominator as demonstrated  by the women who sat besides Lee Rigby so he would not die on his own. I believe humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty,the ocean does not become dirty- Let us be courageous and we must not lose faith in humanity.

I miss my son so much  and  I long for evenings when I can speak to him on Skype. He is my pride and joy and being a mum to such a lovely ,gorgeous, strong, clever, sensitive and caring boy has taught me so much about life.I am in gratitude every second of my life and so many times in the middle of my little mess, I am constantly reminded of how big I'm blessed !

I think I needed this time away to reflect on several things about myself. I am surely learning to listen and to be patient. I  miss my friend who is  in the UK  and I wish I could speak with him


all the time but all I can do at the moment is have them in my heart and pray for them. Life is too short,  therefore if you have a great friend, take the time to let them know that they are great.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 27 May 2013 at 10:34 , Blogger Joyful said...

Beautiful post and a good reminder that there is still good in the world and that we can all help to keep it that way. Enjoy your time in Switzerland and may God richly bless you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home