Saturday 30 March 2013

Easter Weekend.

It's been a hectic few weeks since my last entry and I've been very busy being a mum, athlete, sister, auntie and friend. My training has been severely curtailed by the freezing weather but I have managed to get on rollers and work out in the gym. The season begins in earnest in April but I'm feeling very good physically and I'm really looking forward to getting back into competition.

Last Saturday I had the great privilege to be a guest speaker at the 'Women Mentoring Women' Conference held in London. There were lots of inspirational women present who are very successful in their own fields, such as politics, pastoral, charities and entrepreneurs. I was reminded of how bad it is to judge others as I mingled with these women whose faces were full of confidence and determination. I really enjoyed the sessions and came away knowing a lot more than I did when I arrived.

Today, Saturday, I have just returned from spending a lovely couple of days in Oxford with my good friend. I really enjoyed myself. The world's first ever museum, The Ashmolean, was a fantastic place to visit. It is full of beautiful paintings, sculptures and historical objects. We left after my friend started feeling uncomfortable surrounded by mummies - The whole experience was amazing. Oxford is a very beautiful place and the sense of history is almost overwhelming as we wheeled through the streets full of ancient buildings.

Life is full of surprises, at least mine is and every moment is an opportunity and we have a choice on how we live it. When we are curious, we are in love with life and one just can't fail to be reminded that genuine friendship is important to most human beings. So these few days have been about opening my heart and allowing wonderful things to flow to me - enjoying and being taught that when I let go of who I am, I become who I might be -

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home