Wednesday 4 April 2012

Unwatchable

On Thursday 29 March I attended the London Youth Games as a guest of UK Athletics. I had to get up very early for an 8am start but it was well worth it to see so many young people participating in sport. I was with long jumper J.J. Jegede and canoeist Anna Jennings, amongst others, and I think we all enjoyed the experience. It was also great to hear that Balfour Beatty have extended their sponsorship of the Games to 2015, meaning £1.1 million will go towards funding grass roots youth sport in the Olympic and Paralympic host city post 2012.The young people that we spent time with in London all have the potential of being the best athletes they can be.To be successful, you must surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams.

My training has been going really well and on Sunday I competed in my first race of the season, the St.Clare's Hospice 10k road race and I was delighted to be the first woman home. It's a great start and now I need to keep working hard to improve my performance because the season begins in earnest this month.



I watched a programme on C4 last night and I have to say it made me feel really uncomfortable. It was called,'The Undateables' and followed three people with different disabilities as they tried to find love. The title is awful. Does it mean that you can't find love if you are disabled? I think not but will reserve a proper judgement once the series has ended.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home