Friday 20 April 2012

131 Days to Paralympic Games.

Training has been going very well. The April showers are very unpredictable and this affects the intensity of my training, especially on the track and road. Still, it has to be done, come rain, wind or shine. I was lucky today because I managed to complete my 10 mile roadwork before the heavens opened. I was joined by my friend Dougal, a very friendly dog who likes to race alongside me for part of my route. He is so cute.


Last Saturday I took part in my first meeting of the season at Kingston track in Surrey. The weather wasn't very good, very windy, but it was still good to be competing again. Mind you, we had to wait a long time before our races and we weren't allowed to have a warm up, but that's athletics. You have to learn to cope with such circumstances so you don't sustain an injury. Also, I felt very proud to be with four other wheelchair racers from Harlow, all introduced to the sport by me, and I was really happy to see them racing and performing well. It gave me a lot of joy.


To end with, I have to say I am disgusted with the way the Norwegians have allowed the racist mass murderer the oxygen of publicity as he boasts about his crimes. This is exactly what he wanted. I feel he should have been tried and sentenced behind closed doors. It must be truly awful for the families of the victims to have to see him coldly preaching his doctrine of hatred and showing no remorse for his awful crimes. 

1 Comments:

At 25 July 2012 at 06:43 , Anonymous Sol said...

I could not agree with you more, Anne. Poor families that have to open newspapers, almost every day for the past year, only to find this awful person's face there.
Congratulations on your book, just read it and I'm amazed by your achievements and the way that you approach life! I will for sure follow your blog! Good luck, Anne!
Kind regards,
Sol

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home