Sunday 20 March 2011

500 Days!







On Tuesday I attended an event in Harlow to mark 500 days to the 2012 Olympic/Paralympic Games. I gave a short speech about my own hopes of making the team and also how the Games can inspire and motivate young people to actively participate in sport. I can't quite believe how quickly the time is going, and went out on Wednesday morning and did 10 miles training on the road to continue working towards my dream. I worked really hard last week and I am happy with the way my training is progressing. No pain no gain as they say.



Yesterday I spent a few hours in Harlow's Harvey Centre promoting ActiveHarlow, a great club that positively promotes sport of all kinds to the young people of the town.



This morning I had the privilege once again to start the Chelmsford Comic Relief Mile in the town park. It was great to see hundreds of people all dressed up to raise money for Comic Relief. Normally I would be in church but always feel this is an event that deserves my support. I was very impressed by an 11 year old boy, Liam, who did 6 miles, and also Olivia, 12, who did 3 miles. Well done to everyone who took part.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home