Sunday 16 May 2010

Great Manchester Bronze.







The hard work and training I've put in over the past few months paid off this morning when I did my second race of the season in Manchester. I couldn't be more pleased because road racing over distance is not my forte, I'm a sprinter, in it for the thrill of speed like a Formula One driver. It was my second time to compete in the Great Manchester Run. I was fortunate enough to win it on my debut. In fact Manchester has been quite a lucky place for me because I also won a bronze medal at the Paralympic World Cup a few years ago, and I got another this morning for finishing third in 34.49. I am delighted with myself but only for today because it's back to serious training tomorrow in preparation for the first track meet of my season in Knowsley next weekend.



I've had to leave my husband, Norman, to look after our son Tim so I can concentrate on preparing for the meeting and I'm staying in a hostel for the week. My husband showed me an old film called;'The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner' and now I can sympathise with him. I hate being away from my family but i'm very grateful for the support that allows me to compete in a sport I really love. In my next entry I'll let you know how I got on. Fingers crossed.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home